Kissable Me Lip Balms Insider Tips
Make your own lip balms! A great way to quickly whip up natural, non-toxic, creative flavors that are easily customized for your needs and others!
The simple Kissable Me Lip Balm DIY includes label of your choice, 24 lip balm tubes and a recipe that makes approximately 24 lip balms and easy instructions for you to customize!
This kit makes for a great classroom presentation to demonstrate the versatility and ease in making your own natural personal items. These hydrating lip balms are perfect gifts for everyone! Make up a kit and give one as a take-away along with a recipe tear sheet for those interested in essential oils.
When filling your tubes, for quick filling and ease, use the Lip Balm Filling Tray! Less mess and you don't have to worry about tipping over the tubes when filling with the hot liquid.
WHAT'S IN YOUR LIP BALM?
If you're prone to irritation, it's best to avoid:
- Salicylic Acid (aspirin)
- Aloe Butter
- Menthol, camphor and phenol
- Artificial colors
Instead, look for these ingredients (found in our kit instructions):
- Cocoa Butter
Depending on the Butter you use, may determine a lot of which oils/flavor combinations you’ll want to use.
Made from roasted seeds of the Cocoa Tree, this pale yellow butter smells and tastes like a chocolate bar. High in antioxidants and Vitamin E, this soothing and hydrating butter would lend itself well to:
- Vanilla Mint - Using Cocoa Butter as your base butter, add in 8 drops Vanilla Absolute Essential Oil and 18 drops Spearmint.
- Chocolate Mint - Using Cocoa Butter as your base butter, add in a minty combination such as "Icy Mint," or "Pepperminty"
Made from the Mango seed kernel, this butter has a slightly sweet scent. Mango butter is hydrating and is naturally high in antioxidants and fatty acids. Mango Butter would make a great base for:
Made from the nut of the African Shea Tree, this butter has little smell or flavor which can make for easy customization for any flavor blend! Shea is a great protectant and moisturizer which naturally contains Vitamins A, E and essential fatty acids. Shea also offers an approximate 6 SPF.
- Oatmeal Cookie - 8 drops Cedarwood, 8 drops Cassia, 10 drops Orange
- Tree Power - 13 drops Frankincense and 13 drops Melaleuca is a powerful combination! These beneficial oils help promote healthy lips!
- Vanilla - 26 drops of Vanilla Absolute
- Peppermint & Orange - 13 drops Peppermint, 13 drops Orange
CREATIVE IDEAS FOR USING THIS KIT
- Make up a batch and give as gifts, door prizes, teacher appreciation gift, birthday present!
- These make great samples for folks new to essential oils and showcasing their versatility
- Sell them at craft fairs or other events for around $3 each or the set of six flavors for $15.
- Make this a group project for Scouts, Brownies, 4-H or in a workshop type event.
DOWNLOAD FREE TOOLS FOR YOUR EVENT!
Hosting a "Kissable Me Lip Balms" Make & Take Class? We're here to help you have a successful class! We have an event description, images, event resources and much more!