“Taking Care of Mans Best Friends”
Here are some great tips from us and others on how to have a successful "Fido & Felix" workshop and great guest experience!
CREATIVE IDEAS FOR USING THE KIT
- If you're not holding a class and want a small version to make for yourself, consider purchasing a small DIY Kit that includes a recipe sheet, label sheet and the bottles you need to make all the blends.
- Make diffuser bombs by simply putting the essential oils [only] into 1/4 drams. When you’re ready to diffuse, simply pour it into your diffuser along with water. Always leave a door open for your pet to come and go as they please.
- Make up the entire kit and sell them to a Veterinarian so they can retail them or set up a table at an animal adoption event, ﬂea market or craft fair.
- Donate them to kennels, shelters or rescues.
CREATIVE CLASS IDEAS
- Towards the end of your teaching segment on essential oils, offer those that are purchasing an enrollment kit, one free recipe of their choice.
- Setup a different class each week and charge accordingly. EX: Week 1 you only do “Bugs” recipe. Determine your rate for that speciﬁc recipe and let people know ahead of time what you’ll be making and the cost. Week 2 is “Itch”, etc. You can also offer those that enroll get one free
- Use the "Essential Oils for Dogs & Cats" Tear Sheets that comes with 25 sheets chock full of information as a handout for your class.
- Gift a kit to your downline to encourage them to host a class!
- Make up the entire kit and offer it as a free incentive with a large enrollment kit purchase!
WHERE TO BUY ITEMS
Most of these items are available at your local health food store, but you can also purchase online at Amazon or Vitacost:
- Colloidal Silver - antibacterial, antifungal, helps prevent infections
- Apple Cider Vinegar (with mother) - antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, etc
- Aloe Vera Juice - anti-inflammatory, skin soothing, reduces redness and itchiness. Some antiseptic properties
- Alcohol Free Witch Hazel - anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and antioxidant properties
- Dish soap - to help disperse the oil in the solution
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- Do you know if the dish soap in the "bugs" blend would interfere with topical flea/tick meds (prevention)? I know soap strips oils, so is there a recommendation for which dish soap?
Any dish soap is fine. Dr Roark does not recommend using oils topically within 7 days of a topical flea/tick treatment.
- And these are all perfectly safe for pets? Are there specifics on animal size? We aren't going to have to worry about someone from our class saying their pet had an adverse reaction?
You should always consult with your veterinarian if you are concerned with using essential oils with your pet. Most of the recipes are extremely diluted so an adverse reaction is unlikely.
- Roman Chamomile is not available anywhere - any suggestions?
You can either omit it or use Frankincense.
- Is there something in the kit for dogs with bad allergies and ear infections/yeast infections?
We have something called "Seasonal Threats" but nothing for the ears.
- Is there a recipe for fleas and/or hot spots?
the "Bugs" would be for fleas and "Cuts" would be for hot spots.
- If you make a spray bottle and someone wants to buy it from you... what's the average selling price?
I would say from $12 and up.
- For the Seasonal Threats, would that included rashes?
Yes, or the "Itch" spray. You could try either to see what your pet responds to best.
- What do you mean apple cider vinegar with mother?
It will say on the outside of the bottle something like, "Includes Mother" or "With the Mother". The Mother gives ACV a murky, cloudy, cob-web like appearance and contains beneficial enzymes, friendly bacteria and proteins.
- Where can I purchase Colloidal Silver or Apple Cider Vinegar?
Most local health food stores or Amazon will have these items.
- Does it matter the ppm of the colloidal silver? I am finding they are anywhere from 5ppm to 30ppm
Usually 5-20 is normal, try to get the smallest particle size. ppm is concentration. Which really doesn't matter that much. 0.0005 microns is a particle size. Ultimately, it doesn't matter that much what kind of CS they get.
- Buy Bulk - even better, buy when they are on sale!
- Subscribe to our enewsletter (at the bottom of each page) so you can buy items - including kits - when they're on sale!
- Reuse pipettes and funnels! Simply mix vinegar and water together and let them sit for 30 minutes and rinse.
- Buy your oils when they are on sale or when they are the POM and stock up!